Sunday, June 21, 2015

Down & Dirty:Salahuddin Bakery, Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Down & Dirty Bakery on Jalan Dhoby 

If I were not currently on a quest to find down & dirty eateries in JB, I would have skipped this place.

Just down from the more popular Hiap Joo bakery. No queue here and no tourists either and that suits me just fine. 

This is where the locals buy their coconut bread and their famous Bengali Curry Puffs!

You heard it here….

It is now very difficult to get good quality old style curry puffs but locals here are spoilt for choice. 


Coconut Bread better value than across the road-just as fresh!



“If I had but two loaves of bread, I would sell one and buy hyacinths, for they would feed my soul.”



Now this is old school-down and dirty!! 
All the breads are done in this wood fired oven. 


Ready to roll! Floor looks clean trust me its dirty as S@#T!


The bread here is "all that it is stacked up to be".

The glorious Bengali Chicken curry puffs


Mutton Curry Puffs for the more adventurous!

Sardine Curry Puffs

A good variety of breads and pastries no time to try them all.


Salahuddin Bakery

Address: 26, Jalan Dhoby, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Facebook: are you kidding?
Instagram: wot?
Twitter: In your dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment